This simple text editor can be used to open and view documents (e.g. TXT, HTML, XML) or write some quick notes and save them as text files (*.txt) on your network drive.
|New||Start again with a blank text file. Make sure to save your current work first, so you don't lose any data, before you press this button!|
|Open||Locate and open an existing text file.|
|Save||Save the current text file.|
|Save As||Save a copy of the current text file in a different folder or with a different name.|
|New Window||Create a blank text file in a new window.|
Create New Text File
- Click New
- Edit the text.
- Click Save As
- Enter a file name.
- Select the folder where you would like to save the file and click Save.
Open Existing Text File
- Click Open
- Locate and select the file you would like to open.
- If the file extension of the file you are looking for does not end in *.txt, change the File Type to *.* in order to display all file formats.
- Select the file and click Open to view and edit the file.
- You can now view and edit the file.